Kittyhawk.io - Director of EngineeringSan Francisco, CA -
As the first full-time engineering employee, my core functions were to organize, scale, and manage an engineering department, while also serving as a high-functioning IC. In my time at Kittyhawk, I accomplished that and more, including working extensively with the FAA, leading the product vision and roadmap, and redesigning our applications to fit the enterprise sector.
Below are just a few select highlights:
- Built, scaled, and led multi-platform, execution-focused engineering and product teams, with remote and local employees.
- Secured exclusive FAA B4UFLY application contract, an application that notifies and informs recreational drone pilots on current airspace restrictions in their local areas across the United States.
- Became an FAA-approved UAS Service Supplier, allowing us to provide LAANC (Low Altitude Authorization and Notification Capability) Authorizations to commercial and recreational drone operators enabling them to comply with federal drone regulations.
- Contributed to multiple patents in the airspace industry.
- Refactored our subscription & billing models to account for custom contracts within our sales organization.
- Rebuilt iOS and Android applications from the ground up to provide a more stable service to our safety-centric core customers (Insurance, Energy, Transportation, Government, Law Enforcement).
- Built and executed company-wide quarterly OKRs, aligning the entire company on major strategic initiatives.
- Worked cross-functionally on all product updates and releases.